Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Packing List

I've been packing these past few days and am so surprised at how easily everything is fitting and cleaning up...my room is bare, my hangers are empty, and the drawers are ready for the next guest. It's weird how smoothly the packing for home has gone and yet I feel like even though all my clothes and souvenirs are fitting, so many things are being left behind that aren't really packable. I've been trying to take pictures of everything that is sigificant to me in this town, but that's not really possible. And it's sad to think that if I don't take a picture of this small detail that I love, I will probably forget it within a few weeks and then that moment or memory will just disappear because certainly no one else is going to remember it and remind me of it. I sometimes wonder how many incredible things have passed through my mind at one time or another that I've forgotten--like, if I could watch a slideshow of every significant memory I've ever had--can you imagine the things I would see and be amazed that THAT has been in my mind at one point! Happy, sad, overwhelming, joyful, full of laugher, and so on...I wish I could categorize my memories and go into the files to watch the ones I want when I felt like it. So many things I've already forgotten about my time in Namibia...I'll re-read a journal entry or look at pictures from February and be amazed at what I was feeling or thinking so long ago and also be surprised I forgot it so easily.

Anyway--that's just a little of what's going on in my mind as I pack up and get ready to go. Do you think I could fit this town in my bag? I've packed my neccessities but have to leave behind the truly important stuff.

love,b

3 comments:

  1. can't believe its already time for you to come home... and can't wait to talk to you when you get here! hope your camping trip goes SO well! miss you buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh britt-
    it makes me sad to read your blog of the fact that we do forget important memories and thoughts. here is a thought for you- pray that the Holy Spirit will remind you of the important things- the things that are worth remembering and He will have the ability to recall your memory for you, because He was there.

    loveya,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany, my heart broke a bit as I read your 'packing' blog. I am thankful God had your (and Lulu's) time in Namibia coincide with Stephen's. Thank you for your wonderful blogs that kept me informed (bec. Stephen is not quite as wordy). I feel like I know you thru your blogs and things Stephen has said. I know he will miss you (and I will miss your blogs). God bless you as you return to the US and begin your next journey in the Lord.
    In Him,
    Mary (Stephens mom)

    ReplyDelete